- This is in answer to:
- What's your favorite quote, and why? See all answers
- August 3, 2010 by thomasjamesmcdade
- My Ten Favourite Quotes of All Time.
- Primo Levi (1919 - 1987, Italian author, writer and chemist)
"The aims of life are the best defence against death."
- Ian Curtis (1956 - 1980, lead singer of Joy Division)
"I wish I were a Warhol silk screen hanging on the wall, or little Joe or maybe Lou. I'd love to be them all. All New York's broken hearts and secrets would be mine. I'd put you on a movie reel, and that would be just fine."
- Bob Dylan (1941 - , God among men)
"He not busy being born is busy dying"
- Charles Darwin (1809 - 1882, British Naturalist)
"I have tried lately to read Shakespeare, and found it so intolerably dull that it nauseated me. "
- Erich Fromm (1900 - 1980, German social psychologist, philosopher)
"Immature love says: 'I love you because I need you.' Mature love says 'I need you because I love you.' "
- Bob Marley (1944 - 1981, Singer-songwriter)
"One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain."
- Buddha (563 - 483 BC, religious leader)
"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned."
- Carl Sagan (1934 - 1996, astrophysicist)
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere."
- Bill Hicks (1961 - 1994, American comedian)
"Children are smarter than any of us. Know how I know that? I don't know one child with a full time job and children."
- Nikola Tesla (1856 - 1943, Serbian inventor)
"Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more."