- This is in answer to:
- What are your favorite slang words? See all answers
- January 13, 2011 by sonettie
- Slang words, my use of them. . .
Favorite slang words, well you will have to define 'slang' since it is very different/diverse depending on where you live (that is a logical 'duh' is it not?).
I can jump right in and tell you that the slang word over used to complete suicide is 'F*ck'. Do not get me wrong, when used sparingly this can be a very good word to use to make a point driven, but when you flip around with it all the time, it is just blasé. In example to this, growing up when my mum would 'drop the F-bomb' we knew hell on earth was about to happen so you gave her space and backed off or left her alone till she cooled off. If she cursed all the time, it would not have the same effect on us kids (nor given us a fair warning to run! (LOVE YOU MUM!).
Now slang I use a lot of I shall list, with meaning and where it originates from. . . . just to be slightly helpful I guess. . .that and I love slang from other languages than English.
1. Arse (a*s) Brit.
2. Bloody (an exclamation) Brit.
3. Bugger ( an equivalent to f*ck) Brit.
4. Sheiss (Sh*t) German
5.Hidoi (Terrible / icky ) Japanese
6. Iya (no way) Japanese
7. Baka (Idiot/stupid) Japanese
8. Shmendrik ( super jerk) Yiddish
9. Shmeckle ( male body part ) Yiddish
10. Yutzi (Stupid) Yiddish
11. Oy vey ( Oh Woe ) Yiddish
12. Suka (tratior / sumcbag / B*tch) Russian
One reason I use a lot of curse words in other languages as slang is so that when something goes wrong with a project I am working on, I stub my foot or whatever, I can curse, and not offend anyone unless they understand me.. of course then I have to explain myself, which I guess is a good conversation starter?! lol