- This is in answer to:
- What's the best way to cure a cold? See all answers
- December 15, 2011 by CroweShea
- The Best Way to Cure a Cold
I get rid of my colds the good old fashioned way - I let nature take care of it.
1. I get plenty of sleep. This gives my body both the energy and the downtime it needs to fight the infection. It also means less time awake, thinking about being sick - though those fever dreams can be very entertaining. :)
2. I take my vitamins. Can't fight a war without the proper equipment, right?
3. I take in plenty of fluids. Runny nose? Sneezing and coughing? Phlegm? That's all your body at work, trying to expel the nasties, and sufficient fluid intake aides your body in doing that.
I don't bother with cold medicines unless I really have to be somewhere. They don't make me feel any better and actually hinder the healing process.