- This is in answer to:
- List three political issues you feel strongly about. See all answers
- January 15, 2012 by parwatisingari
- political agenda.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. ~Aesop
Midas, they say, possessed the art of old
Of turning whatsoeér he touch’d to gold;
This modern statesmen can reverse with ease—
Touch them with gold, they’ll turn to what you please. ~ John Wolcott.
I need to understand political stands before that. I would rather, call issue as public issues that could do with political backing.
But coming to politics, particularly the Indian democracy, it appears one party is busy devoting its energies to try and prove the other party is fit to rule—both commonly succeed.
May be we need to take Jose Maria de Eca de Queiroz seriously, when he says politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. For it appears, that politics in concerned with right or left instead of right or wrong.
Then what happens to my issue
• NRI’s are not to get voting rights.
• Education in mother tongue is every child’s right.
• Macaulay’s system should be banished to the Duat!