- This is in answer to:
- List three things you'll never understand. See all answers
- May 7, 2012 by mestub
- Three More Things I'll Never Understand - The Serious Side
"Fifty ways to leave your lover," sang Paul Simon. And at least three ways to be incredibly stupid. Here are some conundrums (aka 'conundra') that have likely been around since almost the beginning of man's existence as a social animal. And yet, a lot of folks like Barbara Streisand doggedly insist that we've evolved, that we're further along in our thinking and mental powers than we were, say 100 years ago. Well, Barbara, if you honestly consider my list, you may want to limit your 'further evolved' assertions to tennis players like Andre Agassiz, about whom you gushed publicly that "he's further evolved" so many years ago.
1. Why smart people (or at least, so they claim) insist on aligning themselves exclusively with one political party -- ANY political party?
2. Why our culture seems to insist upon a universally-held 'positivity' from every individual when we all KNOW that life is not positive all the time?
3. Why even (or especially?) among the "intelligent," there is a chronic failure to learn from the past?