- This is in answer to:
- Take a subject you’re familiar with and imagine it as three photos in a sequence. Tackle the subject by describing those three shots. See all answers
- November 6, 2012 by SG
- Three Photos in a Sequence: Finding the Dollhouse
1. For most kids her age, weekends meant lazy mornings extending into early afternoons, watching cartoons in a comfy pair of PJ's. But Poppy's weekends were spent exploring flea markets, garage sales, and dust-filled antique shops with her mom. This weekend was no different, but what she was destined to find along the way would change her forever... Unaware of this fact, Poppy treated this particular Saturday morning like any other:
She sat up in bed, rubbing her eyes, made her way to the kitchen for some homemade French toast (her mom made the best) and, afterwards washed the sticky syrup from her face, brushed her teeth, combed her hair, and put on her favorite flea marketing outfit. Once ready, she grabbed her army bag, slung it over her shoulder, and off they went - Poppy and her mom - to the first stop: Ocean Grove.
2. Describe Ocean Grove Flea Market, and at least 3-4 other eventful "stops" before she finds the Dollhouse.
3. Main event: Disheartened by the lack of interesting objects, Poppy is glad when her mom says they're heading home to Fair Haven. But low and behold, only a few blocks from their house back in town - there's a garage sale still going on. From the road it doesn't look like much, but mom pulls off to the nearest open spot along the street, and they cross over to the quiet sale to see if there is any hidden treasure... Continue on to describe finding the dollhouse.