- hello Crysta Icore
- Username: MorningTempest
- In response to: "What's the one thing you're never gonna give up?" Damned it to hell, I know Mac and Cheese isn't the best food for you. I know that no matter how many times I try to focus on eating healthier I will always fall back to my comfort food. What's yours?
- MorningTempest's latest answers
- 3 Most Annoying Moments on Facebook I See Daily
Yeah yeah, I am going to really piss some people on Facebook off.
3 types of Facebook status updates you hate:
I love Facebook. I spend a great amount of my day scrolling down through the lives of my friends, family, classmates from 25 years ago that I have not had a real life conversation with in just as long, random celebrities, unusual people who like to post pictures of cats, and many many more. I am just like so much of the country, a FaceBook addict and I am not afraid to admit it! Sorta.. well.. it’s not that bad, I can stop at any time, but.. well, I have this condition and I neeeeed it!
However there are a few types of status updates that I personally hate and if you are guilty of those updates I implore you seek help and make it stop. No... I am not talking about the countless religious, political, or weather updates and Memes that you throw up daily. Those are just annoying, but I can live with it and scroll past them with little thought. But these are the status updates that make me want to vote you off the planet until you come to your senses.
1. If you post more than once a month how awesome you are at your job, how your boss just loves you and wants to make you his lappet and strokes your ego, or how you are so much smarter than any of the other idiots you work with and you are thankful you aren’t friends with them on Facebook ( Because if they knew half the shit you were talking about on a social media site your ass would be so freaking fired!)
Listen, nobody cares. If you have to tell people how Uber wonderful you are and what a rock star you are.. you are not. And in reality, your boss probably just feels sorry for you and wants to give you little side projects so you will stop annoying the hell out of the people who actually do their jobs without needing a gold star.
2. If you post more than once a month or week how awesome cute and silly your child/pet/ spouse/ car is.. you have to get out more. You have fallen into the awkward zombie brain that can’t think like a real human anymore. Yeah yeah, your kid is cute and we know how proud you are that little Bobby hasn’t taken a chunk out of the teacher in 34 days. But for the love of Zod, please keep it to yourself! Or take up a Fan Club page and those people who want to subscribe to your endless updates of how many poops your baby has had, who had to take little Jimmy Sue to the pediatrician for yet another check-up and what a good girl she was, and the all-time favorite list of foods baby will and will not eat today.
I love babies. I like kids. I can even tolerate some tweens and teens! I don’t mind the occasional updates about your life and what’s going on with your family. I love when you share a few of your family photos and make us laugh with adorable cheerios on the face. I actually really like the photos of your Baby Wonderful from month to month in front of those cute little signs or with the family pet. And those photos actually have a place where you can share details, this would be a good place to post photos and tell a little story about what’s going on in baby’s day.
And I am sure I am going to get some ugly snarls from some of you who say “ If you don’t want to hear about how amazing my baby is, then maybe you should unfriend me and then you won’t have to read about my super fabulous wonderkid.” And if really it was as simple as that.. trust me, I would have done it already. But the truth is that if you are still on my Facebook after months if not years of your endless updates it is because I actually respect your friendship and I don’t want to piss you off.. you don’t get a lot of sleep and you might just go off the deep end.
3. Here’s my last status update pet peeve… people who share their personal drama over Facebook and put things out there just to get attention. Yes, I understand that finding your wife “doing Laundry” with her Ex-lover might be a little upsetting and you really want to make her feel like crap so you are going to tell everyone how miserable you are and what a horrible cook she is might make you feel like you are getting your piece of revenge. And I also get that when you get caught playing “Find my latest piercing” you feel like you have to explain that this is just who you are and if people don’t like it that there must be something wrong with them because if they look at all of the people who are cheering for you in your Facebook world they would see just how awesome you are.
But I don’t care! Look, I don’t want to be a jerk, I just don’t want to read about your drama. And since we are friends, according to Facebook, I will call you or invite you over and we can talk about what’s going on. Hell, I am a chick.. I’ll sit there and vent right along with you! You can tell me about what a terrible golfer he was and I can nod and tell you about that jerkface who keeps posting his awards and superior titles just to annoy me. I might even buy you a drink if the situation calls for it. Please just keep it off Facebook!
So there you have it, my top 3 things that I hate when people post on Facebook. So friends, keep up the silly cats dressed like Yoda, the ramblings of your favorite TV shows, and even the family vacation photos. You are awesome and I love being able to be a voyeur in your life through my digital window.
Now, it’s your turn.. what do you hate that people post on Facebook?
- Sure, I found my SoulMate.. it's you Baby. Can we have sex now?
It’s a question asked by millions, whispered under the sheets, pondered between stoplights, and yet is there a real answer? By instinct, most men know not to answer this potentially deadly question for once he admits that he might not or she might not have strummed the cosmic strings in him there is no way he’s getting laid until he can find a way to salvage himself and her bruised ego. The wise man lies and tells a little white lie that might guarantee him the keys to heaven or in some instances lock the gates of hell behind him as he runs all willy nilly into a relationship based on what he thought was just a little fabrication.
But how many of us actually believe that there is one person out there that is connected to us by magic bonds placed upon us before our births. How is that even possible? I mean really, to believe that your whole future happiness is somehow predestined and you really have no choice in the matter isn’t something I am falling for. Yet it is a romantic notion that even I have toyed with in lovey dovey fits of joy.
Now I am not saying that I don’t believe in past lives, or finding a connection with people that feels as if you have known them before and you already have feelings that you care for that person. I actually do believe that there are certain people who you find in your life that are there for a purpose, they are there because in some odd linkage of lives they feel perfect in yours. I want to believe in souls that have some magnetic ability to draw in others from the other threads of lifetimes you have weaved into your blanket.
However, being a soul mate.. that’s tough. Who is to say that there’s only one person for each soul? What happens if your reincarnations don’t match up? What are you going to do when you meet up with your “Soul Mate” and you realize that he’s not the one you thought? Maybe your Prince Charming is that crazy homeless man with the happy face tattoo on his forehead. And you , Soul Believer, are going to have to live with knowing that in order to be happy and snuggle with your “Soul Mate” for the rest of your life you might have to give up on being an astronaut and commit to his mission of living off the grid, in paper palace he has built for you behind the movie theater with the view of the Circle K and the underpass. Or maybe your predestined future with your one true “Soul Mate” means that you now have to question your own moral beliefs, maybe your soul’s mate for you is the same sex, a different generation, or a different species! What are you going to do now?
Why can’t it just be love? Why can’t you just realize that you have found someone who makes you so happy that you don’t want to spend another night without them? Millions of people in the world, and you want to wait around to find that one magic connection. No, that doesn’t seem right at all.
How about this.. why don’t you work on being happy with who YOU are, try doing the right thing for not just your love seeking soul but for the rest of the souls around you as well? Instead of judging that daring boy who asks for your number, give him a chance and take the time to spend with someone who wants to spend time with you. Or maybe you look around and be kinder to strangers, for any one of them might have been your soul’s predestined partner soul and you missed the chance to know for sure.
- How I'd spend $1,000 in a day
Here’s a quick thought, how would you spend $1000?
Now if I were a grown-up I’d start with putting some of it away for later and paying on the college loans my sons are working up.
But that is NO fun! So here’s what I would do if I had 24 hours to spend $1000 on random fun stuff:
The first random thing I would buy would be this uber cool Electronic Firefly in a Jar. I LOVE fireflies and can’t wait for them to return each summer. But I just can’t bring myself to catch them in jars and die in sad little crispy heaps at the bottom of the jar. But this is very cool and I could watch it fly about all day for only $19.99 plus tax and shipping!
I found this Voyageur - The Alhambra Collection - Peacock Feather Fleur 18" Reversible 1 7/8" Round Glass Art Necklace on Etsy and I just loved it. At only $33.00 plus shipping I still have plenty of cash!
But I need a few big items for my shopping spree. I’ve been daydreaming about some of the paintings I love from QiQiGallery. Her piece "Looking Up" has been my favorite for a while and would look great in my dining room. At only $225.00, I can add that to my list!
Chie Mihara has the most amazing shoes that I daydream about wearing. I am not sure I could pick my favorite pair, they are all so beautiful. Each pair run about $400 each.
And to finish out my crazy spending spree, I’d finish out the last of my cash with a great new outfit and dinner with my husband.
In reality $1000 isn’t a lot of money when you look at how little you actually get for $1000. Now if I had a million…..